The acronym VPN derives from Virtual Private Network, which can be translated as “virtual private network”. The purpose of a VPN is to hinder you from being identified on the internet by masking your IP address and replacing it with a random, untraceable address, often from the location of your choice.
Also Read: How To Disable Auto-Start Apps In Android
Besides, your data is encrypted, which helps you protect yourself from hackers. The acronym VPN derives from Virtual Private Network, which can be translated as “virtual private network”. Since we are clear with what a VPN is, let’s proceed with the list containing the best VPN service provider.
Best Websites for VPN Services
Launched in 2012, NordVPN is one of the most popular providers in the world and has since been improved to remain one of the most competitive options on the market.
Nord is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS computers, as well as Android, iOS smartphones, and also with extensions for Google Chrome, and other browsing applications.
Some of the key features of NordVPN are:
- Privacy anywhere and on any device
- VPN servers in 59 countries around the world with high-level encryption
- Really fast connection (without sacrificing your browsing speed)
- Create a personal IP exclusive to an individual and mask it to be the only one accessing one’s browsing data;
- Security features like CyberSec to protect you from malware, ads, and botnet control;
- Kill Switch to effectively drop connections and not leave one exposed for even a second if he/she loses connection to the VPN server
Surfshark is another excellent option for those who do not want to deal with blocked videos, games, or websites in their region. It is a new VPN on the market, launched in 2018, but has already acquired millions of users across the globe.
With Surfshark, users will be able to enhance their protection against hackers, malware, identity theft, advertising manipulation, and even price discrimination. It is worth mentioning that the VPN is available for several devices, both computers and mobile, and also offers extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
Some of the key features of Surfshark are:
- Protection on public wi-fi networks
- Support for peer-to-peer transmission
- High-level encryption
- Kill Switch available
- Unlimited devices
Launched in 2012, Hide.me is also not far behind when it comes to the quality of its data protection services and the provision of virtual private networks. With it, you guarantee your anonymous IP address, ignore various types of censorship on the internet, and improves security when connected to public Wi-Fi networks.
The free VPN plan of Hide.me offers 10GB of protected browsing and VPN servers in 5 different locations, with a maximum of 1 simultaneous connection. In the Premium plan, users have unlimited access to more than 72 locations, 10 devices connected simultaneously, and differentials such as fixed IP, streaming support, etc.
Some of the key features of Hide.me are:
- No ads or data registration from the free plan
- IPv6 support, protection against IP leakage and uncensored DNS;
- 5 locations on the free plan, 72 on the Premium plan;
- High-speed connection.
CyberGhost has a practical and spontaneous interface so that you can select one of your servers in more than 89 countries and hide your IP with a few clicks before you start browsing the web. Also, you can easily unblock streaming services not available in your region, access restricted content, and download torrents anonymously.
Some of the key features of CyberGhost are:
- Servers in more than 89 countries
- Download torrents without registration
- Without data recording
- Protection against DNS and IP leakage
- Kill Switch is available
Available for Windows and macOS computers, as well as iOS and Android smartphones, we couldn’t leave TunnelBear off our list.
TunnelBear has a free plan so that you can test the VPN without any risk, with a limit of 500MB of safe and private browsing. After reaching this limit, you will need to opt for one of the complete plans offered by the company to stay protected.
Some of the key features of Tunnelbear are:
- Kill Switch to guarantee your protection even in case of loss of connection with the VPN server
- High-level encryption
- GhostBear so that you are not detected by regional blocks, ISPs, etc
- Set up trusted networks on your devices and let TunnelBear connect you automatically
- VPN servers in 26 countries
Developed by Golden Frog, a company founded in response to NSA investigations to protect Internet users and their data. Vypr VPN already protects more than millions of users around the world and also stands out among the top
VPN service providers.
It provides servers in 70 countries, as well as more than 300,000 IP addresses to mask your digital credentials.
Some of the key features of VyperVPN are:
- 5 simultaneous connections with high streaming speed
- High-level encryption and protection with NAT Firewall
- Possibility to access restricted content and mask its location
- VyprDNS ™ for DNS protection and Chameleon ™, designed to help one to fight against internet content censorship
ProtonVPN is one of the best free VPNs available on the market and one of the only ones to offer a no-cost plan for an unlimited time. It was launched in 2014, and since then it has been developing more and more, being today one of the most competitive in the market.
Some of the key features of ProtonVPN are:
- The servers are located in an old Swiss army shelter, 1000 meters below the surface
- It does not store any records of its users
- DNS leak protection and has VPN servers in 54 countries
- Kill Switch to cut all network traffic in case one loses connection to the VPN server so that he/she is not exposed for even a second.
With a free VPN plan that already grants Kill Switch, varied protocols including up to 500 MB of daily data usage, Hotspot Shield could not be left out of our list.
It is also available for numerous types of devices, as it offers an intuitive and practical interface, in which you can protect your browsing data and hide your IP and geolocation with one click.
Some of the key features of Hotspot Shield are:
- 1 simultaneous access, 500 MB of daily data and server in the United States in a completely free plan, and Servers in more than 80 countries on paid plans;
- Protection against Identity theft, Malware, and phishing from Premium;
- Password manager with 1Password;
- Spam call blocker with Robo Shield.
Private Internet Access
Finishing our list of best VPN service providers, we could not fail to mention Private Internet Access, renowned VPN, and even well rated by huge companies such as Forbes, Gizmodo, Business Insider, Wired, etc.
The VPN has more than 34 thousand servers in 77 countries and offers all the main features that you are looking for in a professional VPN.
Private Internet Access offers in its two-year plan, two months of free VPN and also offers 30 days for a guaranteed refund if you are not satisfied with your protection.
Some of the key features of PIA are:
- Free protection against attacks on your email
- 10 simultaneous connections with no broadband limit
- Support for P2P connections
- Encrypted Wi-Fi with ad-blocking and malware protection
- SOCKS5 proxy included
We hope that our list of VPNs has helped you find a VPN provider that is truly capable of meeting your needs.
We suggest you check each choice calmly and, again, be sure to check out the paid features – protecting your data is notably serious, especially for access and business computers.